Terms & Conditions: (Chinese version follows English version)
1. The Promoter of the Lee Kum Kee 130th anniversary restaurant signature dish challenge is Acton International Marketing, 41A Rutherford Street, Lower Hutt, Wellington.
2. Entry into the signature dish challenge constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. You must register for this challenge by doing the following:
by midnight 26 August 2018. Include your name, your email address, your phone number, name of restaurant you are employed at, address of restaurant.
b. Once you receive confirmation of your registration, you will be asked to select five products from a list which will be supplied to you. One unit of each of these products will be supplied free of charge to your restaurant.
c. Create an original signature dish using two or more of the following Lee Kum Kee products:
• Black Bean Sauce
• Char Siu Sauce
• Chili Bean Sauce
• Chili Sauce Guilin Style
• Chiu Chow Chili Oil
• Chu Hou Paste
• Fine Shrimp Sauce
• Hoisin Sauce
• Minced Garlic
• Minced Ginger
• Premium Dark Soy Sauce
• Premium Oyster Sauce
• Premium Soy Sauce
• Pure Sesame Oil
• Seasoned Soy Sauce for Seafood
• XO Sauce
d. You will need to submit your signature dish (recipe and ingredients listing only) no later than midday Sunday 23rd September 2018. Judging will take place from mid-September onwards. Once judging has concluded, six finalists will be selected and a further round of judging will take place. All six finalists will have their recipes and restaurants promoted in print media.
4. The dish submitted must be an original recipe. Any recipe submitted that is found to be infringing on the copyright, trademarks, or intellectual property rights belonging to others will be disqualified.
5. The dish submitted must contain at least two Lee Kum Kee products from the list above. Soy, Oyster and other sauces from non Lee Kum Kee brands must not be included in the dish.
6. Each submitted dish will be evaluated on site at the participating restaurant by the judging team, and the following criteria will be applied when scoring the dish:
7. Contestants will be notified of the judging date at least 24 hours prior. Judges will visit their restaurant.
8. Contestants whose recipe has been scored in the top six will be notified and their signature dish and restaurant will receive a minimum of one print advertisement in relevant media.
9. A second round of judging will commence once the finalists have been notified.
10. The top scoring dish from the second round of judging will be selected as the overall winner. The chef will receive a return flight to China (from Auckland) and four nights’ accommodation in a four-star hotel in Shanghai. Travel will be organised through the promoter in liaison with the winner. Travel must be concluded by November 2019. Transfers and any other travel costs will be at the winners’ expense.
11. The restaurant will receive a trophy, and at least one further print advertisement in relevant media.
12. The Winner agrees to participate in all publicity organised by the Promoter, including but not limited to, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of the winner receiving their prize. The Winner irrevocably consents to the Promoter using their likeness, name, address, image and/or voice in any media worldwide for an unlimited period of time without remuneration, for the purpose of promoting the Promotion, and promoting any products/services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images, photograph/s and recordings and in all material incorporating the images and/or photograph/s and recordings.
13. Contestants agree to the Promoter using their personal information to communicate with them about the Promotion (including by email or Facebook) and about other offers from the Promoter.
14. Each valid entry becomes the property of the Promoter. Contestants hereby declare that they own all the intellectual property in their respective entry. Contestants undertake to execute assignment of the intellectual property in the valid entry to the Promotor upon request. All personal information will be collected and stored by the Promoter in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
In the case of any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.